Saturday, February 1, 2014

saturday devotion v2



i'm wonderful at creating distance. between the people i love, the people i can't stand, and everyone in between.

sometimes the biggest chasm seems to be with my Maker.

i fall into a pit that seems impossible to climb out of, no matter what i do. but that's the point. it's not about me. if i keep trying in my strength, i can't do anything.

there's a circle affect. fail, distance myself, try to climb out of the pit with my own strength, realize i'm not getting out, call on God, fail... get it?

as i continue to fight the vicious cycle, one thing is clear, i'm missing something.

THE BIG PICTURE

i should be distancing myself:
Philippians 4:8 -
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

i should be distancing myself from anything that doesn't fit this verse. that means no negativity, from me or others, filling myself with things that will lift me up and not let me down!

do you live in that vicious cycle? what verses have helped you?

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis